Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Alex Nelon - Class of 63

Well, I hope to hear from some of my classmates, kind of like the alumni pages I see in the college quarterly newsletter. You know, the one where you have to keep paging back to get to your class year. Way Back.

After FMS I went off to the same college that Major Steely attended - Centre College of Kentucky - and finished in 1967. I was always fascinated with airplanes and ended up as a corporate pilot - I retired in 2008.

My wife went to Centre and we married the week after I graduated. Our 3 children, 2 daughters and a son, gave us 8 grandchildren. We moved back to my wife's home town (Mount Dora) last year and spend our time there and in my home town in the North Carolina mountains. 

When Anina and the poodles give me permission I spend time at a nearby airport, tinkering with an antique airplane and flying out to nearby airports (including DeLand) for breakfast or lunch with some of the fellows. The airplane goes in for refurb this fall so I'll be learning a lot about that.

The reunions have been great fun. It's amazing how, with some people, you can take up conversation right where you left off a long time ago.

Alex Nelon ('63)

No comments:

Post a Comment